THE WILD WILD WEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our towns in the wild wild west

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A long journey, but finally here

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MissMae

MissMae

A long journey, but finally here Empty
PostSubject: A long journey, but finally here   A long journey, but finally here EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 8:51 pm

My heart was sad when I left Rosewood Junction, leaving many friends behind, but I had to follow what I knew was essential for me.

It had been many miles from there to the town I wished to call home. My only companion: my donkey, bought the night before I left. The miles seemed long, the prairies all alike, and the nights were chill..

I had wondered if I wouldn't had went faster by foot, but the poor donkey seemed so pleased to get out of the stables and on the road, that I just stayed on it and contained my impatience, hoping I didn't look too ridiculous sitting on it's back. One day, I'd have the money for a horse, a beautiful stallion, but for now... all I could afford was this poor and very slow beast.

I had been told to watch out for duellers, men that would ride the west roads, duelling for money. Killing and hurting others for a few pennies. Luckily, I hadn't met much people on my way when finally, after two very long days, I saw the hand painted sign with the words ''Restin U Youngins'' written on it.

I smiled, looked at my dusty clothes, shrugged my shoulders and with a little pounce on the sides of my donkey, entered the town..
Back to top Go down
Shava

Shava

PostSubject: Re: A long journey, but finally here   A long journey, but finally here EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 6:52 am

Shava squatted on the ridge, watching the white man's town carefully. He had observed few people so far as this place seemed new. What possessed the white man to settle down in one place and claim the land itself with these constructions? He shook his head, amused and somewhat worried about what would happen to the natives of the area if these areas continued to grow. Already they threatened the herds the locals depended on for so many things. He thought back to the last tribe he had stayed with, only a few hours walk away. He remembered their discussions, how most figured that things would settle down, but Shava didn't think so. He believed that if the people's of the plains did not adapt soon, they would be hurting for it later. These new people had some strange power of change with them...

Deciding it looked safe enough at this stage, Shava began his way down a back trail he had found yesterday. He was not familiar with the area, being from far to the West, but he had an idea that learning the white man's ways earlier then later would be smart, better to understand what pushed them into this part of the earth from whatever hole they had come from. He paused to let Grandfather Snake make his way by in front, knowing he got irritable easy and letting him choose his own time and pace. Always good to be careful with that one! Harmony was another things the white man seemed to be clueless about. How could one try to stand out so much from the world around them and not see the importance of all things?

Where the trail separated from the hill, he turned and began making his way carefully through the scrub brush, watching for webs and other such. His totem had taught him patience in new places and he wanted to be sure this was a place he wished to stay near before he committed himself to a place of learning. Besides, he had helped with a few of these odd buildings before and everyone always needed a hand in getting things done, didn't they? Smiling to himself he approached the town from the South, a direction he felt most comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
http://shava44.multiply.com/
Chaeli

Chaeli

PostSubject: Introduce myself   A long journey, but finally here EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:38 am

Hello. I don't have much to say yet. I thought I should introduce myself. My name is Chaeli Hannigan. I am new in town.

I would like extend an invitation to all to visit Hannigan House. When built, there will be fine dining, the smoothest whiskey for miles around and for the gentlemen, the company of a lovely lady, if that need should arise.

I bid you all welcome, with a smile and a twinkle in my eye.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long journey, but finally here   A long journey, but finally here Empty

Back to top Go down

A long journey, but finally here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE WILD WILD WEST :: Howdy Cowboy :: WELCOME-
Jump to: